Student Support Service

Realtime Education and Training Services is committed to ensuring that you get all the support you need to be successful in your studies. Student may request for support if they need help with study skills or assistance with skills such as reading, writing and maths.

The enrolment form you complete will help us to identify any support you need and depending on the course you are enrolling in, you may also be required to complete a test that assesses your language, literacy and numeracy skills. Based on the information you provide in your enrolment and/or the results of your language, literacy and numeracy test, we will contact you to discuss your support needs.

Your support needs can also be discussed during the induction to your course.

Services that we can offer to you include:

  • One to one support from our trainers/assessors including providing you with their phone and email contact details
  • Classes to assist with study skills.
  • Study groups where you can work with your fellow students.
  • Referral to relevant external services.
  • Specialist support services for students with a disability.
  • Personal counselling
Special Needs

Learners with any special needs must discuss their requirements with the Realtime Education & Training Services prior to enrolment so that the Realtime Education & Training Services can make any necessary adjustments to delivery, course content, assessment, timing of assessment, course material or other criteria. Special needs adjustments are not restricted to any particular needs, and include amongst others, issues related to physical disabilities, learning difficulties, language, culture, religion and age.

Contact us at (03) 8714 1222 to discuss your support needs.

External Support Services

For students requiring additional support with their studies, work or life, Realtime Education and Training Services provides the following referrals to community organisations who may be able to assist you. Please note that some of these services may attract a fee which is payable by you.

Reading and Writing Hotline

Telephone: 1300 655 506              Website:
For the price of a local call anywhere in Australia, the Hotline can provide you with advice and a referral to one of 1200 providers of courses in adult literacy and numeracy.

Medical Urgency

Telephone: 000

For all medical emergencies, dial 000 and ask for ambulance.

Mental Health Services

Telephone: 1300 558 862

For all mental health services, use the 24-hour Mental Health Services hotline number: 1300 558 862

Major Trauma Advice

Telephone: 1800 700 001       Website:

The 1800 Trauma Advice and Referral line can assist with the provision of clinical advice regarding the management of trauma patients and to coordinate the referral and transfer of patients to the Major Trauma Services. Clinicians are able to call 1800 700 001 to speak with a senior trauma consultant at either of the adult Major Trauma Services or the Royal Children’s Hospital.

Drug & Alcohol

Telephone: 1800 888 236

Statewide Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) counselling, information and referral.

Life Line (Family Assistance)

Telephone: 13 11 14               Website:

Lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.


Telephone: 131021                 Website:

If you are completing a full time course you may be eligible for benefits through Centrelink.

Australian Apprenticeship Centres (AAC)

Telephone: 1800 639 629              Website:

Australian Apprenticeship Centres handle all matters related to traineeships and apprenticeships. If you are a trainee or apprentice, some language, literacy and numeracy courses attract government subsidies.  Talk to your AAC about this now.

The Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission

Telephone: (03) 9281 7100           Website:

The Commission can resolve individual complaints about discrimination, sexual harassment and racial and religious vilification by offering a conciliation process that is confidential, impartial, free, and simple.

Legal Aid Victoria

Telephone: 1800 677 402              Website:

Victoria Legal Aid helps people with their legal problems and focuses on helping and protecting the rights of socially and economically disadvantaged Victorians. It can provide assistance in the areas criminal law, family law and some civil law matters. Legal representation is subject to policy guidelines and means tests in most cases. They have lawyers in offices in most major metropolitan and country regions.

Disability Rights Victoria

Telephone: 1800 462 480

Disability Rights Victoria is an advocacy organisation directed by people with a disability. They work with and on behalf of adults with a disability. They provide individual advocacy, information and support to people with a disability via our network of advocates located across Victoria. This support may include making representation on behalf of individuals with a disability, helping individuals to advocate for themselves or helping others to advocate for them.


Telephone: 13 11 14

Anyone can call Lifeline. The 13 11 14 service offers a counselling service that respects everyone’s right to be heard, understood and cared for. They also provide information about other support services that are available in communities around Australia. If you feel that you might need telephone counselling, you can call about anything that might be troubling you.

Kids Help Line

Telephone: 1800 55 1800       Website:

If you’re under 18 years of age you may consider contacting who provide access to telephone, web and email counselling.

Fair Work Australia

Telephone: 1300 799 675               Website:

Fair Work Australia is the national workplace relations tribunal. It is an independent body with power to carry out a range of functions relating to minimum wages, employment conditions, termination of employment and other workplace matters.

Reach Out


Reach Out is a web-based service that inspires young people to help themselves through tough times, and find ways to boost their own mental health and wellbeing. Their aim is to improve young people’s mental health and wellbeing by building skills and providing information, support and referrals in ways they know work for young people.

Money Help (Finance advice)

Telephone: 1800 007 007                   Website:

Money Help provides free financial counselling and information for Victorians experiencing financial difficulty to achieve better money management and budget.